We are honoured to be part of the 2017 PERA version again, and we are all looking forward to the 5th edition of the annual Western Cape Premier’s Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards Competition that recognizes the achievements and potential of some of the Province’s most exciting entrepreneurs.
By acknowledging and showcasing successful entrepreneurs, this Awards competition is helping to build a culture of entrepreneurship in the Western Cape – and in turn, support the creation of opportunities by small and medium businesses
The on-line entries on www.wcpremiersawards.co.za will go live at 18:00 on 10 July 2017 and close again at 18:00 on 1 September 2017, and as mentioned and so ably done by all last year.
This year there will be 5 categories:
- Emerging Business: A business in its initial growth phase operating in the Western Cape for 12 months or longer, but not longer than 36 months with a minimum turnover of R 500 000;
- Established Business: Operating in the Western Cape for longer than 54 months with an annual turnover of more than R5m and less than R50m;
- Social Enterprise: Any revenue generating entity operating in the Western Cape for 12 months or longer, which aims to address a social challenge or need;
- Most Innovative Business: Operating in the Western Cape for 12 months or longer. This refers to an innovative solution or approach to an existing service or product;
- Business with Global Reach – Operating in the Western Cape for 54 months or longer with a minimum turnover of R5m and less than R50m. The business should prove that at least 30% of its turnover is derived from exports.
Each category will have a 1st prize of R 75 000, 2nd prize to the value of R 35 000 and a 3rd prize of R 25 000. All the other category winners will also qualify for the overall Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
The entry and adjudication process and rules, terms and conditions are well described on the website and the manual entry forms, should you wish to peruse it at your leisure.
We are looking forward to working with all of you again on this initiative
Please find the PDF versions of the relevant 5 category application forms below: