MOSSEL BAY BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD 2019
This year’s Business of 2019 competition will be in pursuance of the Chamber’s vision for acknowledging excellence. This is in line with the foundations anchoring the Awards, namely
excellence, while still being highly competitive.
At the same time this Award also seeks to inspire budding entrepreneurs by emulating and exceeding the achievements of those who traversed the road before them.
These awards will be made at a GALA FUNCTION to be held on the 6th September 2019 at Diaz Hotel & Resort, Diaz Beach.
To enter your business (or the business you would like to nominate) please complete the attached entry form.
In order to compare businesses fairly, the following criteria will be applicable.
- Contributed substantially to the turn-around or growth of a business, or managed a larger business in a way that has demonstrated notable entrepreneurial characteristics and achievements.
- Contribution to the private enterprise system in ways that are an inspiration to others.
- Use his/her business skills and creativity to enrich the lives of the greater Mossel Bay community.
- Conduct business with integrity.
- Job creation.
- Growth and development of the company in whatever terms, i.e. sales value, profit levels etc.
- Penetration of their market – success with product/service/sales.
- Notable specific achievements, personal and company within their specific market.
- Recognized standing in local business community.
- Social responsibility activities.
- Standing within his/her specific industry.
- Passion for his/her work
- Commitment to personal growth
- High standard of ethical behavior
- Positive attitude
- A sense of commitment to the Community
- Skills & effective management style
- Commitment to bettering business & staff
- People management & development
- Record of stability
- Growth in employment
- Growth in sales
Important Please note:
- The nominated company is a member of the Mossel Bay Business Chamber (entrepreneur excepted from this compliance)
- The nominated company is registered in the Republic of South Africa
- Include a short CV of the nominee and a motivation
- Include the number of years the Business has been operational
- Nominations close a week prior to the Gala event
- The nominations must be sent per email to email@example.com
- The finalists must attend the Gala Function
- Decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into
OUR GUEST SPEAKER NICOLE WEIMAR
Are YOU or your business the pride and joy of the Mossel Bay business community for 2019? The different category winners for 2018 were: (from left) Herman Wait and John Smit (Haas Das Electronics, winners Small Business), Shirley Schmidt (Business Person of the Year), Herman Meyer (Nedbank, main sponsor), Danie Acker (Rauch Gertenbach, winner Medium Business) and Jantjie Jonker (Jakkalsvlei, winner Large Business).
(PHOTO: Denise Lloyd)