This year’s Business of 2015 competition will be in pursuance of the Chamber’s vision for acknowledging excellence.
This is in line with the foundations anchoring the Awards, namely IDENTIFYING, ENCOURAGING and REWARDING excellence, while still being highly competitive.
At the same time this Award also seeks to inspire budding entrepreneurs by emulating and exceeding the achievements of those who traversed the road before them.
These awards will be made at a GALA FUNCTION to be held on 13 NOVEMBER 2015 at the DIAS BEACH HOTEL.
To enter your business (or the business you would like to nominate) please complete the attached entry form.
In order to compare businesses fairly, the following criteria will be applicable.
- Contributed substantially to the turn-around or growth of a business, or managed a larger business in a way that has demonstrated notable entrepreneurial characteristics and achievements.
- Contribution to the private enterprise system in ways that are an inspiration to others.
- Use his/her business skills and creativity to enrich the lives of the greater Mossel Bay community.
- Conduct business with integrity.
- Job creation.
- Growth and development of the company in whatever terms, i.e. sales value, profit levels etc.
- Penetration of their market – success with product/service/sales.
- Notable specific achievements, personal and company within their specific market.
- Recognized standing in local business community.
- Social responsibility activities.
- Standing within his/her specific industry.
- Passion for his/her work
- Commitment to personal growth
- High standard of ethical behaviour
- Positive attitude
- A sense of commitment to the Community
- Skills & effective management style
- Commitment to bettering business & staff
- People management & development
- Record of stability
- Growth in employment
- Growth in sales
Important Please note:
- The nominated company is a member of the Mossel Bay Business Chamber (entrepreneur excepted from this compliance)
- The nominated company is registered in the Republic of South Africa
- Include a short CV of the nominee and a motivation
- Include the number of years the Business has been operational
- Nominations close on 30 October 2015.
- The nominations must be sent per email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The finalists must attend the Gala Function on 13 November 2015
- Decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into