About Mossel Bay Business Chamber
Building Community and Supporting Business
WHO WE ARE
Seeing YOUR Business thrive is our primary objective.
The Mossel Bay Business Chamber is an independent non-profit and politically neutral organisation comprising of business men and women who are working hard to facilitate economic growth and development in the greater Mossel Bay, Dana Bay, Klein Brakriver, Groot Brakriver and Herbertsdale area.
One of our primary objectives is to facilitate and guide relationships between businesses, the local community, government and leaders and promote active participation in economic activities.
In pursuit of the above, the Business Chamber provides the local business community with networking opportunities, information on key strategic initiatives, events as well as business support.
From the moment you join the Mossel Bay Business Chamber you can expect to increase your networking opportunities and take advantage of the many benefits of being a member.
MISSION VISION OBJECTIVE
The Mossel Bay Business Chamber’s Objectives
The Mossel Bay Business Chamber aims to position ourselves as the authoritative voice on issues relevant to Economic Growth and Development in the greater Mossel Bay, Dana Bay, Klein Brakriver, Groot Brakriver and Herbertsdale area.
We strive to do this by:
- Providing services and information aimed at satisfying the identified needs of our members.
- Initiating and facilitating key projects that will act as catalysts for economic growth, with a focus on skills and infrastructure development.
Our mission is to be a leading and dynamic business chamber contributing effectively to the economic growth of Mossel Bay.
The Mossel Bay Business Chamber is committed to economic development and to being proactive and responsive to the needs of its members.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
How will YOUR business benefit?
It is only natural to ask questions regarding what real value you receive when joining Organisations or Associations.
Mossel Bay Business Chamber is part of a global network of Business Chambers that provide businesses with a platform for collective action, acting with a force far more powerful than that of one person or business acting alone.
The Business Chamber wants to see Your Business Grow.
Our core focus is on the interests of business in the greater Mossel Bay, Dana Bay, Klein Brakriver, Groot Brakriver and Herbertsdale area.
- We offer a range of services specifically geared to provide opportunities for networking, learning, and promoting your business.
- We receive numerous phone calls, emails and letters from potential investors, journalists, foreign delegations, and business leaders making inquiry regarding the business and investment environment and opportunities in the greater mossel bay area.
- We speak up on behalf of Businesses when interacting with government leaders about infrastructure, legislation, regulations, incentives and other issues that can help or hinder the business environment.
- We coordinate the talents of local business leaders in shaping the business and industrial landscape in Mossel Bay, and jointly tackle critical issues such as crime, business and work skills as well as HIV/Aids.
- We offer a hub of information, independent advice and expert referrals for businesses in need thereof.
- We provide a neutral platform for Businesses to share ideas, raise concerns and solve problems.
Meet our Executive Committee
The Mossel Bay Business Chamber’s Executive Committee comprises of 11 members that are nominated from within the Chamber Membership and represents the greater Mossel Bay, Dana Bay, Klein Brakriver, Groot Brakriver and Herbertsdale’s successful, progressive and diverse Business Community.
The Executive Committee of the Mossel Bay Business Chamber meets on a regular basis with the objective of directing policy and the affairs of the Business chamber. Elected members serve in this position for a year, after which a re-election of a new Executive Committee for the Chamber Of Commerce takes place.
Our Committee members represent the following business interests: services and legal matters, manufacturing and industries, communication, local authority, security and transport, sport, tourism and marketing, business, construction and property.
Vice Chairman: Jan van Deventer – Business Representative
Secretary: Kelly Fourie-Barnard – Legal
Admin Office: Jeanetta Marais & Anina Jacobs
Nico Marais – Legal Assistance
Marika Thomatos – Tourism
Johan Claassen – Business and projects
Fanus Truter - Financial and business representative
Albert Wiffen – Business representative
Johan Nel – Business representative
Council Member Marie de Klerk – Municipal Liaison
Mika Lutchman – Legal Assistance
Hennie Burger – Business representative